Monday, November 14, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!! :)

I can't believe the trimester is almost over?! Where or where does the time go?!?! We have been doing so many fun things and I've been too busy to share most of them. Sorry :(


Right now we are studying nonfiction text features. FUN!! I use the Comprehension Toolkit by Stephanie Harvey and Anne Goudvis. I have never taught out of the 2-3 grade version but I would love to own it!! Maybe I'll suggest that to Santa!! Ha!





For interventions right now I'm in charge of the on grade level to just above grade level students and we are doing a hodge podge of the toolkit intervention and a cool 3-2-1 summarizing technique that we just learned. We are using the super cool National Geographic kids magazines that come in two different levels. If any of you have experience/opinions about the 3-2-1 summarizing technique I would LOVE to hear about it!!




You all know of my Pinterest obsession!! I pinned this super cool 3-2-1 summarizing graphic organizer and you should so check it out!! It is from none other than Lesson Plan SOS!! They rock!!


Follow Me on Pinterest

Come on over and check out my Pinterest wonderland!! I may have a bit of a pinning problem!! :) Don't tell my hubby!! :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the comprehension toolkit!! We used it in my 3rd grade student teaching and it was amazing!! This was 5 years ago, but when I checked it out on their website they sent me a couple of the books for free!!! It was my favorite teaching tool by far, stephanie harvey is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Toolkit is just easy to use and the kids really enjoy the articles/discussions. I use it along with Strategies That Work. I like that it doesn't take a lot of planning. You can just about grab it up and go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used 3-2-1 for a million different things! You can modify it to match your needs. For example, you can have 2 be 2 new words you learned, or 2 statements from your background knowledge that helped you connect and understand the text. It's super versatile!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the K-2 and have found so many overlapping things between that and the 3-6 I don't think you need both! But I would ask for samples! Most of the time you'll at least get a piece of the lessons! Happy Pinning!! My husband has grounded me from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too share in your obsession for pinning. I am the newest follower of your blog and I'm going to check out your Pinterest also. I would love you have you visit my blog @
    aseriesof3rdgradeevents.blogspot.com
    Patti :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button!

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Awards

Awards

Search This Blog



Leelou Blogs

Popular Posts

Map

Email Me!

jlutton74@gmail.com

Must Haves

TBA