Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grammar With Attitude!! :\

We have been having some verb fun the past week. The kids really love the Youtube videos!! I have one I do for nouns and a couple I use for verbs. I use them as brain breaks before or after I teach the grammar lesson. 
They all get stuck in our heads and the students and I tend to hum them all day. Too funny! Play them and you will see. 

This video is super funny!! (At least I think so) My kids are allowed to stand by their desks and follow along. They tend to want to really get crazy but I just lay down the law. :)  Once the behavior expectations are clear they are great. They think it is hilarious when I start clapping and jumping along.

We discussed irregular verbs today and I showed this video just after I introduced them. It has pictures that grab their attention and I then show it again after the lesson so they see the irregular verbs again. They really liked it today.


I also created a sassy irregular verbs chart! I say sassy because as I was teaching today a co-worker came in and complimented the chart. One of my girls pipped up that Mrs. Lutton likes to make her charts "sassy", ha!


This is the one I made for verbs. 
My lovely daughter helped me color it.
We did nouns last week. I've shown this noun song for a couple years now and I really like it!! The kids practically memorize it. Beware!! This one will sooo get stuck in your head!! ;)





Thanks for stopping by and taking a look around!! 
I hope you found something that you can use in your room!! 
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!!

7 comments:

Mrs. Shepherd said...

I love these videos but how do I get them to play if my school blocks YouTube.

Julie said...

I just read about this on a blog this week. She said something about downloading the video to the free version of media player and then playing it during class. I'm not sure and I just don't remember what blog I saw it on. Anyone else read that one?? :)

Ms. Chrissy B said...

Thanks for the resources!

Buzzing with Ms. B

GalenTheGamer said...

To watch my Verb Rap and other videos at school where Youtube is blocked you must download it. Enter the URL to http://keepvid.com/ and it will let you download it. Bring it to school on a Flash drive or email it to yourself to show your students.

Consultoria RH said...

Este blog é uma representação exata de competências. Eu gosto da sua recomendação. Um grande conceito que reflete os pensamentos do escritor. Consultoria RH

Julie said...

I translated the above comment with Google Translate!! It is so cool to have readers from around the world!! Thanks Consultoria I appreciate your comment!!

This blog is an exact representation of skills. I like your recommendation. A great concept that reflects the thoughts of the writer. HR consulting

Consultoria RH said...

Este blog é uma representação exata de competências. Eu gosto da sua recomendação. Um grande conceito que reflete os pensamentos do escritor. Consultoria RH

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Be Inspired digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs