Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grammar With Attitude!! :\

We have been having some verb fun the past week. The kids really love the Youtube videos!! I have one I do for nouns and a couple I use for verbs. I use them as brain breaks before or after I teach the grammar lesson. 
They all get stuck in our heads and the students and I tend to hum them all day. Too funny! Play them and you will see. 

This video is super funny!! (At least I think so) My kids are allowed to stand by their desks and follow along. They tend to want to really get crazy but I just lay down the law. :)  Once the behavior expectations are clear they are great. They think it is hilarious when I start clapping and jumping along.

We discussed irregular verbs today and I showed this video just after I introduced them. It has pictures that grab their attention and I then show it again after the lesson so they see the irregular verbs again. They really liked it today.


I also created a sassy irregular verbs chart! I say sassy because as I was teaching today a co-worker came in and complimented the chart. One of my girls pipped up that Mrs. Lutton likes to make her charts "sassy", ha!


This is the one I made for verbs. 
My lovely daughter helped me color it.
We did nouns last week. I've shown this noun song for a couple years now and I really like it!! The kids practically memorize it. Beware!! This one will sooo get stuck in your head!! ;)





Thanks for stopping by and taking a look around!! 
I hope you found something that you can use in your room!! 
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!!

5 comments:

  1. I love these videos but how do I get them to play if my school blocks YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about this on a blog this week. She said something about downloading the video to the free version of media player and then playing it during class. I'm not sure and I just don't remember what blog I saw it on. Anyone else read that one?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To watch my Verb Rap and other videos at school where Youtube is blocked you must download it. Enter the URL to http://keepvid.com/ and it will let you download it. Bring it to school on a Flash drive or email it to yourself to show your students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I translated the above comment with Google Translate!! It is so cool to have readers from around the world!! Thanks Consultoria I appreciate your comment!!

    This blog is an exact representation of skills. I like your recommendation. A great concept that reflects the thoughts of the writer. HR consulting

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button!

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Awards

Awards

Search This Blog



Leelou Blogs

Popular Posts

Map

Email Me!

jlutton74@gmail.com

Must Haves

TBA