Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh Friday!! I LOVE you!

I officially survived the week back from break! The kids were a little spring feverish but good. Routines and familiar faces are nice. I finally announced to the kids that we were looping. I have to say I was really nervous. I don't know what I expected their reactions to be, but I was anxious I would see disappointment or a big "OH NOOOOO" in their eyes. It turns out they all cheered and began to yammer about how awesome the whole thing was. I had a jokester who grabbed his head and fell to the ground with a loud - "Oh no, not again!!" but he was teasing. (I think:) I sent the letters home and didn't receive any -Over my dead body!! phone calls. :) All in all things were good.

On another note I received another email from a neighboring district asking to visit and observe my classroom. I'm flattered and motivated to whip up some worthy lessons. They are coming to see my D5 in action. I hope I don't disappoint. This will be our 3rd group since Christmas break. Pretty cool. Once upon a time someone made me feel like a horrible teacher and I've been on a mission ever since to prove them wrong. Maybe I owe them a thank you! :) NOT!! hehe!

My Pinterest followers have exploded since the whole charts post. If you haven't checked it out take a look!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
I have a BIG giveaway in the works!! I haven't done one in a long time so I'm a little nervous. Expect awesome stuff to be coming soon!! I'm doing a product review and then a giveaway. I just want to really use the items a while in my room before I post.


I hope April is treating all my blogging buddies right!! 
Happy weekend everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl, you are too funny! Of course your kids are THRILLED to be back with you!! I'D want to be in your fourth grade class if I could! And those lucky teachers who get to come see you--I wish I could too! I'm jealous!!! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmagoodness, congrats on the observation- that is quite the honor! I completely agree w/you- a negative comment is the BEST motivator, although I would NEVER tell that person :)

    Are you going to be coming back to 3rd after next year? Or is the looping a permanent move to 4th? There are definitely some years I would love to do that- I think it will be a great opportunity :)

    Happy weekend!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much girls!!
    You are too kind! The observation isn't a big deal. Our county has jumped on the D5 wagon and they want to check out a classroom that has been doing it for a while. (ME:)
    It is a nice compliment though.

    Yes! I've been told I get to come back to 3rd the following year and I'm very happy about that. I was once torn between 3rd and 4th but I think my heart has been captured by 3rd.

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice feeling to have someone WANT to come and see what you do! Congratulations! I am looping down next year to second- with the plan that I'll bring that group up to third. It will be something new for me but I'm excited!
    Julie
    Light a Fire in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm over at appleteaching.blogspot.com and am your latest follower. i'm most likely going to be in third grade next year and am glad I found your blog! I have looped with my students several times and LOVE it! I think it the most effective for students, parent relationships, routines, and the kids are so excited at the beginning of the next year!! Come by my blog if you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this! When you said that someone made you once feel like a horrible teacher I can totally relate! I felt like you were writing for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As an experienced teacher and new blogger, I love your blog! You speak to and inspire me.

    Brynley
    http://brynleysbrainstorms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button!

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Awards

Awards

Search This Blog



Leelou Blogs

Popular Posts

Map

Email Me!

jlutton74@gmail.com

Must Haves

TBA