Sunday, October 23, 2011

Super Cool Site Dedicated to Math and the Common Core


If you haven't heard of it then you are missing out!! Click over and check out Manga High!! The site is packed full of games that challenge students on specific Common Core strands. You can tailor the games they play to match up with Common Core strands that they need to master. You set up challenges and the kids attempt to master the games. The site gives you wonderful charts and feedback so you can track student progress. I just passed out the usernames and passwords on Fri. and I already had kids playing this weekend. I can tell because I logged on and poof, I can see one little girl in my room has already earned a gold medal on one of the challenges I set up. Cool, huh?! The above is a picture of one of them many games the kids can play. Click on the pic below and go see what I'm talking about!!
On a side note registering your class will take  some effort. I decided to log on as a student after I set them up and realized the program takes them to a page to select their own log on /password. Well, I decided to log on to each one and set the log on/passwords for each of them. If they changed them and then they got mixed up I would go crazy! So keep that in mind!!


Happy Mangahighing!!

Just for giggles leave a comment and let me know what you think!! So many of you are blog stalkers but so few of you leave comments! A girl just wants to know she is making a difference in cyber space!! 


Thanks super duper!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm swinging by your blog to let you know that I consider your blog a HOT one! So I am awarding you the Hot Blog Award! Check out my blog for information on how to pass this award along! Thanks for inspiring me with your wonderful ideas!

    Maria
    Charmedinthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Maria!! I really appreciate it!! You really know how to leave a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'll have to go check that site out. My kids LOVE anything technology related.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem Jen!! How funny! I was just over at your site pinning stuff! Your site rocks!! I kept thinking to myself that I need to stop by more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I love finding out about new sites like this, thank you! Off to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you join up at Math Monday! ;)

    http://love2learn2day.blogspot.com/2011/10/math-monday-blog-hop-29.html

    Off to check out that site!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids think Mangahigh is the best thing since sliced bread! Of course they were not around when the sliced bread was invented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fellow third grade teacher, love to find things I knew nothing about! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button!

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Awards

Awards

Search This Blog



Leelou Blogs

Popular Posts

Map

Email Me!

jlutton74@gmail.com

Must Haves

TBA