Daily five has been going wonderful!! My kids are loving it and building awesome stamina!!
Right now they are all focused on -
- Choosing a just right book
- Finishing one chapter book at a time
- Taking an AR test on that book.
- Current book level/length (AR) I have them read one page and demonstrate the 5 finger test.
- I have a print out of their AR summary - We discuss their scores/points/comprehension %. I have them take these summaries home for their parents to view and sign.
- I have all of their books recorded with the level and the test %tage in my pensive to keep on track. This makes it easy to say - Where is the Tree House book you were reading two days ago?? Accountability is big.
I recently found and printed out these check marks which I plan to pass out for them to decorate and keep in their book bags. These will serve as a reminder for them to summarize. On the back we are going to put Coaching/Time for when a student is stuck.
I found this supper sassy check on What the Teacher Wants!
This blog is super of course awesome!! :) She is all about the Common Core and has tons of cool stuff to download and see!
I have lots more Daily 5 stuff on my Pinterest if you want to take a peak!! I have to admit I'm a little Pinterest crazy!! hehe! Click the button below to have a look!
I was pretty proud of my long A poster I made do you like the Halloween touch I added?? hehe! I got this little ditty over at the Inspired Apple. Thanks Abby!
All in all the year is going great, but WOW is it going fast!! I hope everyone else is having a blast and not so very overwhelmed!! I can't believe how time is flying!!