Sunday, June 5, 2011

Money Saving Linky!!

I ran into a blogger recently that showcases her weekly finds/deals. I thought it was a great idea! I can't help it! I get soooo excited when I score my weekly deals. I want to tell everyone and share my deals and excitement.
If you have never been to her site you should get typing on over there!!

I thought it would be cool if I started a weekly linky party of my own where we could share with each other all our super savings.  I know a lot of you have been couponing so let's give it a try! 

Last week I didn't have time to get to the grocery store until Sat. night with two boys in tow. Two boys ages 4 and 5. BIG mistake! I knew it would be a pain but I needed to get there and I didn't have any other choice. So here are my savings for the week!

Meijers Trip
I spent -107.14
I saved - 74.92

5 Brawny Paper Towels reg. 11.99 Sale 5.50 w/coupon
5 Sweet Corns
8 Boxes of Fiber One
4 Boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars
2 Tubs of Cottage Cheese
3 Boxes of Fruit Snacks (My boys grabbed them up and I just happened 
                         to have a coupon and they were on sale so the boys scored.)
3 Packs of  Jell-O puddings
9 Boxes of Toaster strudels
8 Boxes of Honey Nut Cereal

Other big scores this week include:

Walgreens Score
Spent - 57.27
Saved - 85.94
As I look at this receipt I'm finding a couple things that were rung up wrong. My kids and hubby were waiting in the car and the register wasn't working right. I was feeling the pressure. :)

12  Bottles of Sunblock ( My tree removing hubby already scammed a bottle:)
3    Bags of Cottonelle Flushable Whip Refills

The lotion itself was reg. 10 - 13 dollars a bottle!

This hasn't been my biggest score but it was "REAL". I'm not a psycho couponer from TV I'm a real working woman with three children 7 and under. So how about you "REAL" ladies?? How are you doing in the savings department? I'm sure you can top this!

So Link Up Ladies!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I'll have to take pictures of my next shopping trip. I'm not an extreme couponer either, but I like getting good deals!

    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    You are starting to scare me!! Heather, my 16 y/o, and I found her site last night!!! We downloaded the two apps she recommends for scanning barcodes & we're going to try it today! I love her blog & all her ideas, but HoLy MoLeY!! You just blogged about it at the same time! You're so cool!
    ~Fern :)
    Fern-Smith.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...great shopping! Doesn't it amaze you now that last summer you would have just run to the store for some Hawaiian Tropic for the kids and think, "I'm such a great Mom!" NOW IT'S FREE & you an even better MOM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!! That is so funny Fern! I didn't do the links I'll have to go back and look!
    Make sure you link up! My linky party needs some party peeeps!

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button!

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Awards

Awards

Search This Blog



Leelou Blogs

Popular Posts

Map

Email Me!

jlutton74@gmail.com

Must Haves

TBA