Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I'm Reading This Summer

I have grand plans to read these book this summer! I hope I realize those plans. I know from the reviews and from co-workers that they are well worth the $$. I would love for you to leave a comment if you have read any of these!! Maybe that can help me decide which to read first! I plan to add to the list but I couldn't remember a couple of the titles that I have at work.




I have already read the Daily 5, Cafe, and Strategies That Work, but they are a must review every summer! I consider these books my must haves!

3 comments:

  1. The Cafe book is great, however I really learned more subscribing to their website. It helped for me to watch the videos of the lessons. PLUS Daily 5 videos too!

    I have Strategies that work- kinda boring, but the lessons part is worth reading! This is how I teach reading (Reading with Meaning- Debbie Miller + Strategies that Work + CAFE)

    Amanda
    Third Grade Experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. My subscription just ran out. I remember when I signed up and they sent me a beautiful bookmark and thank you note. It was so nice. It looks like we rely on the same materials to teach reading. I will say that I use the toolkit a lot throughout the year. If you haven't gotten the toolkit then you should definitely get it!! It is all non-fiction and goes right along with the rest of our materials. It has wonderful mini lessons!
    I have the Miller book maybe I should give it another run. We do the phonics dance in third grade at our school. I didn't do it justice this year so I'm going to be brushing up on that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a list, you're making me feel bad! :-) I should totally be reading some educational books instead of the silly chick lit I've been reading, right?? Ha! Seriously though, thanks for mentioning these, I'm going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Grab my Button!

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Awards

Awards

Search This Blog



Leelou Blogs

Popular Posts

Map

Email Me!

jlutton74@gmail.com

Must Haves

TBA